Wednesday, December 5, 2007

And the award goes to

Tdv recently wrote a nice blog and has announced the names of the five funniest people he has ever met. And guess what??? I feature on that list… (I am copy pasting his blog entry below, as his blog is in private beta right now and he does not want to share the IP address with many people)

Oh my god I just cant believe it… is it really happening to me? Oh god help me. I must thank few people for this distinct honor. I want to thank the ganpat, cho and the TPO for being what they are and inspiring me to rip their personality off. I specially want to thank TPO for being so uselessly beautiful. Cho for not shooting my boss, as I would not have quit that job and come into this wonderful position. I want to thank ganpat, for being the bastard he is, without him lots of conversations with TDV would have been dry like gin. I would like to thank the rhino, as he inspired me to not to work hard enough and divert most of my energy towards veining away. And finally I would like to thank myself for being the wonderful person that I am;)

blog entry of TDV

Starts

Laughing all the way to the bank
Humour is such a divine emotion. Its my favourite. I've heard people make powerful, moving speeches and yet have lost debates because the opponent used humour. Humour warms people hearts and they are always hungry for more. Have you ever come out of a cinema hall and said, 'ho boy, too much humour'. Everyone wants to be around people who make them laugh. Who are the people who make you laugh? I decided to compile a list of top 5 people I know, whom I'm instantly reminded of having a great sense of humour. Here it is, 1. A N (batchmate from IIFT- The Great Indian Laughter Champion)2. D D (batchmate from school- creative musical humour)3. T M (batchmate from Hindu- dry, witty, situational humour)4. N V (batchmate from school- slapstick sleazy humour)5. V M (friend from job- lostconfusedandconfident.blogspot.com)Whats your list?Do women have a SoH? i think not.Unfortunately, I have been working in a place which is a graveyard for humour. Anything funny is frowned upon. And if you want to say something remotely funny, be sure to test it on a few friends and sleep over it for a couple of nights. I work in a bank. There is wisdom in old phrases like, 'laughing all the way to the bank' because once inside you might be pulled up for misconduct. 'He was caught laughing in the corridor during office hours'. To be fair, it IS hard for bank employees to have a sense of humour. I mean, imagine telling a customer, 'We charged you an interest rate that would make Shylock proud' or 'Your cheque bounced like popcorn in a microwave'. However, there are two kinds of humour prevalent in my bank. The no-women-around-lets-quickly-crack-dirty-jokes variety and the property-prices-are-rising-in-chennai-oh-stop,-ur-killing-me kind.It is under these difficult circumstances, that me and my friend Vijay managed to create a few memorable characters.1. Cho: The chappie who was getting fired. We imagined he might do a Cho( a la Virginia Tech.) and end up killing our bosses.2. Ganpat: The shortie, who on account of his shortness managed to get into everyones ass and thus being a PITA.3. TPO: the girl who looked good from a distance. Our collective thoughts about her would make a serial rapist blush. She was visually maligned so much by everyone in the bank that she once stood up in an office meet and said, "Main tum sab ke bacche ki maa banne waali hoon."

blog entry ends.

I shared this with FF and she found it musing. She thinks I am anything but funny. Now what she said made sense to me, as I have never been funny in front of her. I think I can be what the other wants me to be. TDV is a funny guy and he likes similar people around. FF is a person minus Sense of humor and I am like her with her. Now is it good or bad. Does it mean I am not true me, does it mean I lack being one, or does it mean I am not what I am. Confused again.

1 comment:

तुषार वर्मा said...

really nice. i think i was right. women dont have a soh. thats why they look for that in men. me and vijay are trying very hard to prove thru our
mutual-blog-admiration-society that we HAVE a great soh. hence, i request all women to go for us.