Monday, December 10, 2007

Mumbai

I was in Mumbai for one week. Jotting down highlights of my week at the city that never sleeps.

Day one:
Marine lines and Charni road: Beautiful, awesome and romantic place missed motu. Did not smoke, the panipuri at the chopati is good.

Day two:
Haaji Ali: surprised to sea such a peaceful place at the centre of Mumbai. Was not crowded for a change, sitting in the backyard of dargah is blissful. Wanted to smoke, could not. Go after 9 in the evening on Mon-thu to feel the place.

Day three:
Totos at Bandra: Mumbai’s answer to Bangalore pubbing. Good ambience, rock(ing) music and surprisingly affordable. Was a chaos even on a Wednesday. Smoked, might not want to come back here.

Day four:
Market Area: I love markets, I find them more fascinating than a graceful woman. The hustle bustle of these trade intensive low margin markets keep Mumbai running. A larger part of the trading activity in India is affected directly or indirectly by these markets. Crowfard, Raminton and Manish markets are kind of price barometers of lots of products for rest of India. I will come here again. Went to Marine lines again, smoked.

Day Five:
Most amazing day. Went to Gateway for fairy ride, walked back to Churchgate and had beer at the best-view place in Mumbai i.e. Pizzeria. It’s the place with sea view on Churchgate sea face a must visit when in Mumbai; opp to Baskin Robins and mocha. Walked back till Charni Road, took last local to reach guest house.

Day Six:
Met the tamilian gang. They look so much out of place in Mumbai. KK, Gundu and the six guys had all the plans ready for the evening. I was the star of evening, as always, the Tamilian Mafia gets impressed by me pretty easily. I think that’s the beauty, they just give in. Half of us were drunk like fish when we decided to walk out and have dinner at a roadside dosa place (what if drunk, they are still Tamilians). He-man poured his heart out in front of me (dude I am not what u think I am, I might just spill it infront of someone else, I have never done this to anyone but I fear when anyone trusts me). KK, was all emotional to have spent one more memorable evening (see I have that effect on people I like). Kat was not drunk but he said an evening like this was not thinkable without me (Kat thanks if it was a compliment). I got good kick and behaved like a drunkard after a long time. Logged in late in the night, SW was not there. Good night to me, all the Tamilians were asleep already. Gundu went to her home.

Thanks KK, Gana, Kam and Kat for pampering drunkard me; like a kid. I ll always love you for that.

Day seven:
Hangover, a very bad one. Still gathered myself and went to Siddivinayak, see I am one of those religious types, this was my third religious place. Hangover. The place is over crowded, I may not go there again. Hangover. Boarded flight for back home with lots of good times. Hope hangover goes off after this black coffee.

Thank you KK, Gundu, Tam Gang, Udu, Kiddo and SW for making it a wonderful stay.

Checklist
Go to Crowfard Market Check
Go to Manish Market Check
Go to Siddivinayak Check
Pick up FF’s parcel Oops
Meet SW Ditched
Go to haji ali Check
Drink lots of beer Check

Next post: Gay confrontations in Mumbai.

3 comments:

Cool Diva said...

well i agree with u abt the tamilian thing.. they really give in and u feel GOOD to be wid them.
:)

Anonymous said...

Vijay ur a total disapointment to me. I ask u of one thing and u fail me tch tch tch (shaking head in a disapproving manner) i expected better out of ur evolution.

vijay said...

@FF: guess i have over evolved. i dont promise but will try to be a better buddy next time. n u know if i failed YOU, i really could not help it. (smirk Smirk!!)