Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Aadmi hun Aadmi se PYAR karta hun

Gay confrontations in Mumbai

The city seems to be a gay paradise. There are gay clubs, gay pubs and someone told me even gay gangs. Some people actually go overboard in announcing it. And some people in better jobs enjoy it while being on security duty at the Haji Ali entrance point. I have no issues with sexual orientation of anyone and I completely respect such natural tendencies. But at the same time I am opposed to any homosexual confrontations, just like I am opposed to eve teasing, harassment and molestation of the opposite sex. During my stay at the city of dreams I had some bitter confrontations. Here is the account on that.

Confrontation one: I am traveling on local train it’s crowded as it has to be. The compartment is jam packed to the extent that I am almost in the superman-taking-off position, not holding on to any hangers and still not shaking a micro centimeter, due to hoards of people. While standing in such a yogic position, I suddenly feel a hand moving across my crotch, first I ignored it thinking someone just might have accidentally hum ah… but the strokes continued and I was taken a back. I looked into all the faces around me; each of them was expressionless like that of a clerk at government tourism desk. With great difficulty I pulled back and tried to catch the hand. I failed. I am sure for the committer my organ was as faceless as for me his hand. But how can anyone even try something as absurd as this in crowded place like Mumbai local.

Confrontation two: Mastram was fellow trainee at the training I attended in Mumbai. Mastram, as the name suggests is cheerful and equally colorful gay guy. He did not confront me physically but threw vital hints and invitations. Couple of things he said were, “yar, I am kindda heterosexual male and like to move with lots of guys around. You know what I mean (smirk)”. Yeah I know what u mean but I don’t even want to understand why you telling this to me. When this did not work he invited me for a drink to his home, I tried to escape by giving excuse of traveling he said he will come over and gave a wide grin when I told him he could not have stayed over at the guest house, as there was only one bed. He was delighted to know that.

No complaints against Mastram, lots of straight people do flirt / chance maro with the other gender. I do. But the kind of physical molestation I underwent in first incident shattered me. I wonder, what would be going inside such a mind while doing something that. Was that person really deprived, desperate or was he purely experimental? Was it really his fault or is it because the system and society that discourage him to come out in open and admit his preferences? Was it him alone or there are many who go to crowded places like local only for such physical pleasure. If there are many, my appeal, stop doing it, your single action may make people generalize and hate the whole homosexual community. Also no one boards local thinking, “wow! It’s crowded today, let’s see how many of these people are interested in stroking me.” So do yourself a favor and resist the temptation.

8 comments:

तुषार वर्मा said...

ur blog looks so much better now. (better than mine..damn)but why have u written an entry on gay people in pink colour on ur blog? hmmm....

vijay said...

@Tushar: Thanks, and dude it is supposed to be the color of homosexuals. atleast this is what i know. and the color is used to sooth people who might get offended otherwise.

Buls said...

I sympathize with you... being molested feels horrible... but atleast now men know what women go through every single day of their lives... I just wish these gay molesters would molest eve-teasers, rapists etc to make them taste their own bitter medicine

Unknown said...

hi

as a gay and a moderator of gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com ( web site www.gaybombay.in) i apologise for actions of some of us. it should not happen. but please understand that as in hetrosexual community, there are gays who get carried away when they think it is an easy opportunity. i am not defending their actions.. once again my apologies.

regards

vijay said...

@wormie: i was surprised all i can say, can someone in his wildest of dreams think of molesting me. hits me ;)

@gb: i am sure it all boils down to individuals and no need to apologize for someone u r not responsible for.

तुषार वर्मा said...

mrevdtthats a lie. u were molested every monday morning by your boss. whose ur daddy!

Anonymous said...

So finally the unthinkable happens, Vijay gets molested!!!! (am damn delighted at this, am claping my hands in glee), I'd like to alter a little what booger said, now vijay knows what I used to go through when he used to talk to me with all those innuendos flying thick and fast in our conversations.

vijay said...

@FF: dude i never spoke out of thick air. ya the perspective has changed, i will no more sympathise with you on such matters now, i will empathise.